- Responsible for the conceiving and executing projects / contracts required to facilitate maintenance work and upkeepment of network.
- Plans, organizes and coordinates all maintenance project works by department staff/contractors in scheduled time period.
- Recommends/advises the head of section on technical matters.
- Allocates work, guides and supports engineers and supervisors.
- Manages day to day activities of the Unit.
- Prepares reports, correspondence, and budget requirements for primary substations, OHL and EHV cables upto 400kV.
- Prepares scope of works, specifications and evaluations for outsourced related works.
- Provide technical input to quotations / tenders as deemed necessary.
- Responsible for carrying out inhouse refurbishment work as envisaged by the department.