- Responsible in the security of supply for Transmission Network upto 400kV.
- To ensure safety of personnel and equipment at Generation and Transmission Network.
- Responsible in the economic operation at Generation and Transmission Network.
- Monitors and ensures continuous electricity supply in the State of Qatar, within the prescribed values of limit violations, giving priority to security and safety.
- Regulates the voltage and frequency, and controls active and reactive power flow in the network.
- Directs generation output and reserve capacities at generating stations, and arranges busbar configurations according to system demand and security, economically.
- Directs the switching operations by giving instructions to field engineers in carrying-out switching in the 400kV, 220kV, 132kV, 66kV, 33kV and 11kV primary substations for maintenance and repair of network components, and for after fault restorations conforming all operations done in strict compliance with department safety rules and regulations giving priority to safety and security.
- Carry-out load shedding in pre-arranged methods in case of generation shortage or other system contingency.
- Issues safety documents for works in the field ensuring proper isolation and earthing.
- B. Sc. in Electrical Engineering Degree (full time course) from a recognized University.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in Power System/ System Control.
- Strong knowledge of Power Engineering Transmission Network components, protection, telemetry/telecontrol and
computer system, SCADA.