Projects section in QAFCO is responsible for developing and executing projects in a large production complex. The project size may range from minor to major and will be multi disciplinary in nature.
This position reports to the Head of Projects Section and leads a group of Instrument and senior Instrument engineers.
The ideal candidate should have a Bachelors Degree in Instrumentation Engineering Discipline with a minimum of 10 years direct experience in Instrumentation work for chemical/petrochemical plants. He will have excellent communication skills and team abilities.
His key responsibilities include:
· Lead the Instrumentation Project group ensuring that instrument project activities are properly planned, engineered and carried out on schedule and within approved budget.
· Develop and maintain good standards on engineering practices
· Initiate and advice plant improvements
· Liaise with Plant Sections and other project trades concerning project planning and execution
· Maintain awareness of the latest Plant Control and Instrumentation technologies and keep contacts with engineering consultants
· Contribute to meet short and long term goals and objectives of the Projects Section