Projects section in QAFCO is responsible for developing and executing projects in a large production complex. The project size may range from minor to major and will be multi disciplinary in nature.
This position Leads the Project Services Group and reports to the Head of Projects Section. The ideal candidate should have a Bachelors Degree in Engineering with 8 years of relevant experience in industrial projects portfolio management and support in Chemical / Fertilizers / Petrochemical plants.
Experience in P3e Primavera planning Systems is essential and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) System is an advantage.
His key responsibilities include:
· Supporting project coordinators in developing projects detail planning, status monitoring and progress follow up of all projects phases.
· Develop and maintain good standards and tools on projects portfolio monitoring practices
· Compiles and produces projects portfolio periodic reports to give overview through trends and statistics.
· Liaise with multiple trade project coordinators , plant owners and other stake holders for smooth running of projects.
· Act as a point of reference for introducing improvements in project management systems and routines
· Support project coordinators in cost control and assist section activity to finalise project annual budget frame.
· Coordinate specific projects including team of other discipline engineers.
· Maintain awareness of latest developments in the field and use it to improve group functions in supporting company objectives.