- Providing technical advice and support on the design, construction and modification of civil and structural components, supports, drains, roads and buildings, vendor identification, procurement strategies, and cost estimates.
- Investigate, Design and Implement repair of civil and structural components
- The incumbent provides engineering support to the implementation of capital projects for the modification or optimization of plant and offshore systems, equipment and facilities.
- Provides leadership, support to the Civil Structural Engineering team as well as technical service and support to Operations.
- Work supervision, training, and mentorship of civil structural engineering graduates.
- Design and Implement Cost Database and Estimating System to support CAPEX process.
Key Result Areas:
- Defines and works independently on newly identified Engineering problems. Prepares Designs and Engineering specifications for building modifications, additional platforms, water systems and other civil and structural works. Selects and approve materials for construction and repair. Co-ordinate with specialist process and maintenance for impact and suitability of selected systems and materials on plant operating conditions and maintenance of various plant components.
- Prepares a comprehensive work-package. Lead multi-discipline specialist engineers electrical, mechanical, instrument and HVAC. Follows up through implementation. Administers within budgeted cost and arrives at a fully developed solution for the Engineering Work Requests referred to Engineering Department.
- Establishes an Engineering Cost Database and Estimating System to support various levels of Cost Estimation during the Project Life Cycle from Concept to AFE as defined in the Capital Project Steering Committee guidelines. Continuously stay in contact with vendors to obtain budgetary cost information and maintains a responsive Cost Database.
- Supervise designs and implementation of non-routine critical applications. Run appropriate what-if scenarios and option analysis. Co-ordinate with Plant Operation and adhere to EHS policies.
- Work with the Projects Department and serves as team leader on projects in the civil, structural area. Produces basis of design, tender scope of works, participates in bid evaluations.
- As Lead civil structural engineer, prepares company procedures, monitor their use and modify/ update as needed. Approves all excavation certificates for hot and cold work permits. Co-operate with plant Operations and EHS to make sure work in the vicinity of underground facility or to tie-in to is done safely and with accordance to Company procedures and Safety guiltiness As an owner of the underground facilities drawings, keeps track of modifications.
- Mentoring of graduate civil, structural, engineers. Training engineers for use of specialised equipment. Assist engineers in updating design methods and tools. Facilitating Ras Gas core training courses.
- Develop Structural Integrity program and implementation.
- Develop comprehensive work-packages for ATOMS / Projects, Administers within budgeted cost and arrive at a fully developed optimized solutions
- Should comprehend the plant problems like static equipment/piping vibration, equipment malfunctioning, and root-cause analysis under operating conditions. Well experienced in attending to operating plant field-troubles in line with the operations/ maintenance requirements.
- Experience in performing structural analysis using software (STAAD Pro, etc..). Ability to use good engineering judgement to solve plant problems relevant to the discipline.
- Should co-work with other personnel and get in-sync with data interpretation and resolution for an acceptable solution and perform a job closeout. Starts from conceptual, detailed design, procurement assistance, engineering assistance for project execution, construction and commissioning activities.
Operating Environment, Framework and Boundaries:
- Operates in a comprehensive technical support role to provide Civil, Structural and Cost Engineering expertise for the issues referred to the Engineering Department.
- Should pre-empt the need for outside Consulting services for many of the encountered engineering problems.
- Should Prepare a set of engineering repair procedures and guidelines to eliminate repetitive engineering works.
Communications and Working Relationships:
- Extensive interaction with Plant Operations and EHS Department Team to respond immediately on urgent matters that raise a possible threat to plant operation or create a hazard situation.
- Should be a very good team player with proven technical competence; extensively interacts both within and outside the Company. Should be well aware of the Company Business process in getting the jobs done in very short turnaround at a competitive cost.
- Extensive collaborative working with other specialist engineers, consultants and contractors primarily to identify related issues and incorporate their input into a fully defined solution package, cost estimates and schedules to the problem under studies.
- An integrated matured approach in problem solving is required; application of multidisciplinary knowledge is essential requirement. Should meet the demands of operating plant requirements and have working knowledge in other functional areas like piping and electrical
- Should deliver the results at the scheduled time and cost. Should assess commercial impact of decisions related with hidden issues and provide the highest value addition at the early stage of solution development. Understand the full potential and impact in the early development stages.
- Should have well-blended civil and structural technical and business skills. Acts as a bridge between deferent discipline engineers and owners of a project in providing a well-defined work package to address user requirements.
- High professional power and expertise in diagnoses of civil, structural problems. Development of solutions in line with requirements. High confidence in use of design software. Expertise in use of modern tools and methods of investigating concrete and steel components.
Decision Making Authority and Responsibility:
- Works in accordance with Engineering Standards, Company policies, and functional requirements from client Engineers in designing and developing solutions. Evolve cost-benefit analysis and decide on short list options for managementís consideration.
- Based on decisive engineering analytical skills, conduct a data validation for technical definitions and cost definitions and provide a reliable and consistent cost database.
- Consolidate various technical and issues. Continuously stay in contact with other Engineering Specialists in structuring appropriate solutions.
Knowledge Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering.
- 12 years experience in consulting houses, handling Design of manufacturing facilities, bridges and buildings. Hands on experience in design, repair, material testing and maintenance of civil components.
- Experience in leading engineering team to support and carryout multiple projects.
- Appreciation of various branches of civil structural engineering like offshore structures, plant structures, maritime structures, tank and equipment foundations, buildings, civil infrastructure, underground utility systems, pipe lines /pipe corridors, soil investigation, engineering design and construction related aspects, repair and rehabilitation, and general corrosion principles, safety and environmental requirements, and risk assessment.
- A wealth of experience on the diagnoses of deteriorated structures and civil components, design and implementation of repair.
- Possess Experience in Construction sites of plant structures, buildings and bridges.
- Experience as leading engineer in commissioning of Civil and Structural facilities and components.