Key Result Areas
- Work independently on newly identified engineering problems. Prepares design, engineering specifications, and field support for static equipment, piping systems, HVAC, and lifting equipment.
- Prepares a comprehensive work-package, in consultation with other functional specialist engineers, Unit Engineers and Process Engineers. Administers within budgeted cost and arrive at a fully developed solution for the Engineering Work Requests referred to Engineering Department.
- Should comprehend the plant problems like static equipment/piping/structural vibration, equipment malfunctioning and root-cause analysis under operating conditions. Well experienced in attending to operating plant field-troubles in line with the Operations/ Maintenance requirements.
- Should resolve issues related to pressure vessels, Drums, Process separation columns, Heat Exchangers, (Shell and tube as well as Air cooled). Should be able to perform and review design calculations according to ASME Sec VIII Div 1 and 2, TEMA, API etc
- Experience in performing/interpreting piping stress analysis using CAESAR II software/out put echo. Ability to use good engineering sense along with stress model to solve existing plant problems.
- Should co-work with other personnel and get in-sync with data interpretation and resolve for an acceptable solution and perform a job closeout. Starts from conceptual, detailed design, procurement assistance, construction observation and engineering assistance for commissioning services.
- Should consolidate the developments of engineering packages from concept to close-out and generate a fully-referenced, auditable, and self-contained constructible work package.
- Should provide support and technical services to the Mechanical Engineering team members, including field investigations, document search, co-ordination, follow-up, etc.
Operating Environment, Framework and Boundaries:
- Operates in a comprehensive technical support role to provide mechanical engineering support for the issues referred to the Engineering Department.
- Typical work is associated with design of modifications to the existing facilities ranging from minor works (field-trouble issues) to small and medium sized projects to be executed in tight time-frame.
- Supports the Mechanical team and assists team members.
Communications and Working Relationships:
- Should be a very good team player with good technical competence; interacts both within and outside the Company. Should be well aware of the Company Business process in getting the jobs done in very short turnaround at a competitive cost.
- Extensive collaborative working with other specialist engineers, consultants and contractors primarily to identify related issues and incorporate their input into a fully defined solution package, cost estimates and schedules to the problem under studies.
- Interfacing between engineering Specialists, Project engineers, Planners, Construction / Production / Maintenance/ Integrity and Project engineers.
- A very thorough interactive work with Process Engineers and Piping Designers is required to conceive, develop, optimize and freeze the piping drawing through hydraulicsŕ Initial Configurationŕ Stress Analysisŕ reconfiguring of piping and re-running hydraulics & stress-analysis cycle.
- An integrated matured approach in problem solving is required; application of multidisciplinary knowledge is essential requirement. Should meet the demands of operating plant requirements and have working knowledge in other functional areas like electrical and instrumentation.
- Should deliver the results at the scheduled time and cost. Should assess commercial impact of decisions related with hidden issues and provide the highest value addition at the early stage of solution development.
- Supply mechanical engineering solutions to various EWR and project issues.
Decision Making Authority and Responsibility:
- Work in accordance with Engineering Standards, Company policies, and functional requirements from client Engineers in designing and developing solutions. Evolve cost benefit analysis and decide on short list options for management’s consideration.
Knowledge Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- 10 years experience in design and engineering of process piping and static equipment in onshore and offshore oil/gas processing facilities. Hands-on experience in design, resolving plant issues and ability to coordinate with different sections/departments within the organization and with third parties are a must.
- Knowledge of the relevant international standards and codes of practice used in onshore and offshore oil and gas industry such as API, ANSI, ASME, ISO is required.
- Experience in pipe stress analysis using CAESAR II OR Pressure vessel design related software PV ELITE, COMPRESS, B-JAC, CODECALC, NOZZLE PRO etc. and piping material selection is mandatory.
- Strong interpersonal skills; team building skill
Strong written and oral communication skills.