· Provides Information Management leadership in the Technical Center by coordinating activities of staff
· Analyses incoming information for purpose, security requirements for handling, categorizing, metadata, quality, retrievability, access privileges, retention, etc.
· Plans and prioritizes activities toward achieving Information Management goals and objectives related to the Technical Information Center
· Provides business expertise with respect to Integrity Critical documentation for RasGas Operations
· Conducts research on new solutions and technologies relevant to the Technical Center
· Motivates and develops personnel to ensure the Documents and Standards Center is staffed with individuals of the required caliber and that there is adequate succession planning and provision for future demands.
· Prepares new plans as required; puts in place guides, procedures and tools to execute it (e.g. specifications, procedures, databases, central files, user guides, etc.) and provides training.
· Reviews standard contracting/procurement and project management documents and procedures to ensure they include clear communication of Information Management and Document Control standards and requirements.
· Provides oversight of Document Control processes through functional supervision of handover of information, assessment of processes, and issue resolution.
· Recommends improvements to procedures for Corporate documentation based on knowledge and understanding of Corporate Records Retention policy
· Analyzes recommendations for potential solutions to identify the best value for the Corporation
· Leverages considerable industry knowledge and expertise to protect RasGas interests by ensuring critical documentation is maintained and protected and that documentation complies with legal and operational requirements
· Fosters an environment of teamwork among direct reports as well as others who interact with staff
· Works to ensure projects and tasks are completed on time and within budget
· Thorough knowledge of QA/QC and ability to streamline procedures for this activity
· Complete understanding of documentation Life Cycle and EDMS
· Thorough understanding of RGEE or equivalent system
· Ability to analyze process and provide improvements to existing methods
· Point Contact for Information Technology issues associated with establishing the Project Information Management System and related IT databases and tools.
· Produce periodic information management system performance reports covering the full scope of the Documents and Standards Technical Center
· Interface with User base to understand changing needs and provide understanding of processes for utilizing Centers
· Provide training for direct reports and general training to User Base as required
· Interface with the PMT DFO Coordinators to identify, communicate, and resolve issues associated with handover information as required for Operations planning, startup, and ultimate production operations.
· Undertakes similar or related duties as directed by Head of Section