· Carry out Scenario Planning for the various subsurface development options, cost benefit analysis & facilitate management’s decision making process. Co-ordinate with other departments to build the detailed techno-commercial assumptions / scope documents for various options and use them as the basis to carry out economic evaluation for investment decisions. Explore further optimization opportunities to the Base Development Plan. Generate various Gas Volumes scenarios which would form a basis for further planning exercise by various external groups.
· Develops planning mathematical models which simulate operating conditions for all major facilities, current and proposed, so that the Technical and Operations team are able to plan product flows and mixes and determine revenue and cost implications. Seeks to optimise these production programs by altering agreed variables and assumptions within the constraint pattern that has been defined.
· Specifies assumptions which reflect realistic operating conditions for onshore and offshore plant and equipment. Liaises with internal and external specialists to refine assumptions. Refines economic and market assumptions based on investigations.
· Plan, direct, coordinate and supervise preparation of Annual Work Program & Budget for the Subsurface Group. Prepare the Technical & Commercial Assumptions Documents to form the basis of Annual Work Program & Budget. Implement budgetary principles and guidelines as provided by Corporate Planning for the review and endorsement of Budgets.
· Assist the Cost Centre representatives in preparation of Manpower Plan, Operating Expenditures and Allocation / Distribution of common costs over various projects.
· Implement, Control and Maintain the Subsurface Financial Planning, Budget and Cost Control systems ensuring financial data is captured accurately and recorded and reported in a timely manner.
· Co-ordinate & supervise the preparation of various monthly progress reports on various projects and the financial report pertaining to the Subsurface Group. Review cost center results against budgets and carry out the Variance Analysis.
· Review the monthly outlook and keep the Planning Manager updated on the activity progress and Outlook on a Monthly Basis and highlight any issues.
· Integration and analysis of data from various departments of the Subsurface Group to get an overview of a wide range of issues within the various development projects. Co-ordinate with and assist various Subsurface Departments in drafting their objectives / implementation plan for various projects and their alignment with the overall objectives of the projects and the company’s vision & mission statement. Assist the Planning Manager in assessing the Group’s human resource needs in the light of organizational goals and continuously evolving Subsurface Development Plan.
· Incorporate the Budget and Outlook figures for CAPEX and OPEX elements of various projects based on the stewardship format and assist the Planning Manager in quarterly stewardship of the same.
· Co-ordinates with various subsurface departments to facilitate identification of various technical achievements of the Subsurface Group, challenges faced by them, Lessons Learned and the measures being taken by the group to address the same.
· Interact with Operations group on a regular basis to manage the Gas Demand/Supply; Gas quality (composition) relating to acid gas content monitoring and control.
· Interact with the Venture Onshore and Offshore Groups to ensure consistency of design & development assumptions including Project Schedules & Key Milestones for facilities under development. These include assumptions & plans relating to Acid Gas Removal, Inlet facilities, Offshore Pipelines, Wellhead Platforms/Jackets
· Interact with Commercial & Shipping/Marketing Groups to ensure that upcoming project schedules are consistent with the expected LNG/Condensate demand assumptions/plans thereby ensuring that Gas Demand Supply situation is in balance. Also interact proactively with these groups to identify opportunities that may exist from time to time for leveraging the excess gas availability for production of spot cargoes.
· Interact with External agencies including shareholders/regulator viz. QP/Exxon Mobil for issues relating to development assumption of subsurface facilities, ToR, Gas Rates and quality, Reservoir surveillance/depletion rates, Work Plan & Budgets, Project Schedules & Timelines.
· Interact and coordinate with other clients having TSAs with RasGas regarding Project Development Plans, their key milestones and develop integrated activity schedules, budgets and funding requirements; in line with key development assumptions.
· Participate in the “Future Development Assumptions” group on behalf of the Subsurface Group and provide key inputs relating to Project Schedules & Timelines as well as appraise the group on the status of Subsurface Groups activities and impact thereof (if any) on the current operations of RasGas and the overall RasGas project development activities.
· Assist Planning Manager in management of subsurface KPI’s.
· Gather data from various Departments to assess the performance of various subsurface activities like Drilling, Completions, Reservoir Management, New Technology Application etc, the challenges faced, success/failure in meeting the objectives and establishing the Way Forward.
· Co-ordinate with the Accounting Department in monitoring of well costs for different kinds of wells, burn rate assumptions etc. and their benchmarking.
· Co-ordinate with various departments and assist the Planning Manager in evolving an overall Subsurface Performance Indicator.
· Assist Planning Manager in management of various project documents like Project Objectives & Strategy (POS), Project Execution Plan (PEP), Project Development Memorandum (PDM) & Design Basis Memorandum (DBM) and contribute towards improvement of project management capabilities.
· Performs analysis of market data for LNG, condensate and other products - tracks trends and patterns advises the management team of significant developments.
· Examines other regional and global trends which will have an impact on the LNG business and advises the management team accordingly.
· Prepare monthly/periodic reports under the prescribed MIS format for performance reporting/monitoring of the subsurface group by interacting and collecting the inputs from departments within the Subsurface Group. Conduct group performance analysis on the prescribed KPI measures and prepare the performance report in the prescribed format.
· Assist in Coordination and preparation of presentation materials for the Board and Excom meeting which is represented by Subsurface Technical Manager
· Reviews proposed updates to the Planning Assumptions Documents.
· Prepares and delivers presentations which set out findings and recommendations to management on studies, plans and programs.
· Remains aware of advances in technology and their impact both on the planning tools and techniques being developed and the assumptions used. Assists with their development and participates in training programs based on knowledge acquired.
Coordinates preparation of special reports which rely on the expertise and analytical tools developed at the request of the Technical Planning Manager.
Knowledge Skills and Experience:
· Appropriate degree from a recognised college/university in a relevant technical discipline.
· Post graduate training in technical and financial modelling an advantage.
· More than 10-13 years broad based petroleum industry experience and technical knowledge gained while working in a multi-national and preferably multi-cultural environment associated with the oil and gas industry.
· Familiar with computer simulation and modelling techniques.
· Able to demonstrate reasonable communication skills.