1. Job Purpose:
This is a professional position responsible for work in the Personnel Administration Division. Work activities involve the design, development, implementation and evaluation of programs regarding employee orientation, recognition, retention, transfer and separation. Employee is expected to function with a high degree of independence under the general guidance and supervision of the Head of Personnel Administration.
2. Main Responsibilities:
1. Conducts welcoming and orientation processes for newly hired or transferred employees and their families.
2. Liaises with Housing Unit to smooth settlement of new or transferred employees and their families, conducts informal family induction sessions at offsite locations.
3. Ensures that the necessary information, facilities, resources, encouragement and support are provided to:
a. Help new employees adjust to a new work environment and form new working relationships
b. Ensure new employees receive a warm greeting, clear directions and useful information.
c. Develop new employees’ loyalty and enthusiasm towards our Covenants and culture
d. Assist new employees to feel part of the organization and to function at a safe and capable level.
e. Participate in formal Company Induction sessions in association with L&D Department.
f. Provide effective familiarisation with working practices, colleagues and the working environment.
g. Ensure that essential information has been understood and to provide an opportunity to reinforce and apply this information
h. Provide new employees with the knowledge and skills required to function effectively right from the start through appropriate information sharing and, where relevant, formal learning and development mechanisms.
4. Works with other departments to develop programs and provide information designed to enhance employee adjustment and involvement and improve organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
5. Follows up on low performers and tracks employees on probation.
6. Receives notices of resignations and other separations and follows up with employees and concerned departments to expedite and smooth clearance formalities
7. Facilitates exiting processes for employees separating from the Company according to designated policies and procedures.
8. Explains End of Service Benefits and associated calculation to exiting employees.
9. Conducts exit interviews with employees who have separated from the Company and interprets resulting data in order to assess factors affecting department functioning.
10. Will be in charge of administering all employees on long term sick leave.
11. Works with managers and other employees to design, plan, coordinate and implement employee retention strategies.
3. Operating Environment, Framework and Boundaries:
The position holder deals with all Qatargas workforce in a multi-national and multi-cultural environment; this requires constant establishing and developing of effective work relations with all Qatargas staff at all levels. Expected and required to demonstrate initiative and flexibility.
4. Communications and Working Relationships:
Regular meetings with direct supervisor to discuss related issues and plan short/long term objectives.
Frequent contact with all QG employees including senior management.
5. Problem Solving/Complexity:
The position requires a high standard of planning, writing and communication capabilities.
6. Minimum Requirements:
a. Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources/ Business Administration/Media & Communications/Adult Education/Training/Organizational Development.
b. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and Power Point).
c. 5 years of experience in positions of increasing responsibility in human resource activities.
d. Experience in employee training, engagement and facilitating meetings is preferred.
e. Excellent English Language is required (reading/writing/speaking).