Purpose of the Job
· Lead the development and implementation of engineering components of an interactional downstream project (Refinery and petrochemical) at various stages, from FEED, EPC to commissioning and start-up.
· The position embraces the whole projects lifecycle from development (FEED) and through to execution (EPC) and handover to operations
Main Duties and Responsibilities
· Lead the development and implementation of Mechanical rotating engineering components of international downstream projects at various stages from Feasibility, FEED to commissioning and start-up.
· Definition and execution of engineering components of project subject to budget, schedule and quality through the various phases of basic design, detailed design, construction, commissioning and start-up.
· Coordinate all engineering components of the defined stages of the project lifecycle with joint venture partners and work closely with other discipline Engineers. Well conversant with international codes and standards (ASME, API, NFPA, ANSI, OSHA, etc) and ensure all equipment and facility designs to meet best engineering practices, current industry and the Company standards as required for Refinery and/or petrochemical complex. Work closely with major equipment and system providers in the development of project execution standards.
· Review bid proposals from Feasibility, FEED, EPC companies and provide discipline input to bid evaluations.
· Participate in Risk Assessment, Safety Integrity Level (SIL) and hazard reviews (HAZOP) of facility projects and Technical discussions and interacting effectively with other disciplines both inside and outside the organization.
· Participate in the screening and evaluation of Downstream Opportunities.
Designing and Construction
· Design, and engineer construction for various Rotary Equipment, including Steam / Gas Turbines, Compressors, Pumps etc., vibration monitoring & reliability systems and Facilities; Inspection & Testing and ensures to reflect those in the Data sheets/specifications.
· Review/Approve Equipment and system lists, sizing, criticality rating and basic design studies. Define the procedures and philosophies for Equipment & System Selection, Packaging & modularization, maintenance and Spare parts inventory.
· Review equipment specifications, datasheets and drawings.
Qualifications & Experience
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge:
B Sc. degree in Engineering (preferably Mechanical) from a reputable international institution is a must.
• Refinery and/or Petrochemical projects. Main responsibilities include making
technical decisions, ensuring coordination, quality and conformance with
FS/FEED/EPC Client contract requirements.
• Significant knowledge in engineering technologies in Rotary equipment utilized
in downstream assets and a strong awareness of project economics and contracts
• Must have been involved with large scale equipment and system
providers/package vendors from Feasibility stage through detailed design and
factory and site acceptance testing.
• Hands on experience in Refinery and/or Petrochemical complex maintenance
Shut-down activities would be an added advantage.
· Experience of working in multinational- multicultural environments
· Minimum of 15 years experience in Refinery and/or Petrochemical Industries for project engineering and design, development, construction followed by commissioning and operations. Candidate must have proven ability of working closely with and/or directing contractors in FEED/PMC/EPC environment of large size.