Primary Purpose of the Job
• To provide, with full responsibility and accountability, a professional technical service to Projects in all areas of, Structural/Civil Engineering during Concept Optimisation & Feasibility Studies; Front End Engineering Design; and Detailed Design in EPIC Execution stage.
• Ensuring that designs are optimal, safe, cost effective and in compliance with the latest Codes, Standards, National and Corporate requirements and procedures.
· Undertakes Structural/Civil design concept studies and ensures the design selection is optimal, cost effective and environmentally compliant to State regulations.
· Responsible for the assigned area of structural/Civil expertise and works closely with the other discipline Engineers in Civil areas specialty knowledge.
· Coordinates with other discipline engineers to ensure that Structural/Civil Design are cost effective, using latest technology and delivered in a timely manner consistent with Project requirements.
· Undertakes & evaluates Structural/Civil design Studies for grassroots or existing facilities revamp/upgrade as necessary, on techno-economic basis.
· Provides necessary technical input for the Project Execution Strategy.
· Prepares Project Design Basis for Structural documents, Philosophies and Scope of Work for tender, selects essential standards for use, identifies design throughput, policy, specifications, technical risks, facility safeguarding, safety and health requirements and infrastructure requirement.
· Assess the technical capabilities of Consultants, Contractors and vendors. Participates in the technical bid evaluation and coordinates the process, safety & loss prevention and environmental aspects of the technical bids.
· Undertakes structural/Civil Design/Calculation Reviews on the consultant/contractor’s design and coordinates the design review within the project team and inter-departmental level within the frame work of contract scope of work. Reviews/approves detailed design specifications and drawings, submitted by Contractors and Consulting Engineers, for projects and ensures fitness for purpose and technical quality, in terms of providing safe/environmentally acceptable facilities, in compliance with the Codes, Standards, Principles, Practices and Specifications.
· Provides technical support to Projects on design matters during detailed engineering, procurement, fabrication, testing, installation and commissioning stages of projects, which often involves site visits.
· Contributes to the updating of discipline Engineering Standards, Specifications, and Corporate Philosophies.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
· BSc. Civil Engineering minimum of 15 years of Oil & Gas Industry multinational experience
· The candidate shall be fully familiar, with hands on capability, on various structural design software’s and industry codes & standards. Software skills.
· Experience shall include Concept optimization studies; FEED & Detailed engineering development and handling of various structural packages.
· Essential experience skills shall also include engineering coordination with various discipline engineers during Concept optimization studies; FEED & Detailed engineering development and management of such contracts. Experience in commissioning & start-up and trouble-shooting of structural facilities shall be necessary.
· The candidate should have worked for a minimum of 5 years as a senior structural/civil Engineer in a design environment with an Engineering Design Consultant or EPIC.
· Partners, Directors and Projects teams.
· Client Senior Management
· Key Project management and functional managers such as Contracts and Procurement Manager, Project Controls Manager, Engineering Manager
· Potential business or JV partners
· Propose and recommend for approval, CIient’s share of project budget and associated expenditure at different project stages